Summer Crisis Program
The Home Energy Assistance Summer Crisis Program provides eligible Ohioans assistance paying an electric bill or assistance paying for central air conditioning repairs. The program runs from July 1 until September 30, 2021. Appointments will be conducted via phone due to COVID-19. Instructions on how to submit materials will be given during phone appointments.
The Summer Crisis Program assists households meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- an older household member (60 years or older);
- physician documentation proving cooling assistance is needed for a household member's health;
- a member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical professional;
- a disconnect notice, have been shut off;
- trying to establish new service on their electric bill.
- a default on their Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP)
How to Apply for SCP
To apply for the program, clients are required to schedule an appointment with HAPCAP. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (740) 868-1908 beginning June 24.
You Must Provide:
- Copies of your most recent energy bills;
- A list of all household members and proof of income for the last 30 days or 12 months for each member;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members;
- Proof of disability (if applicable);
- Physician documentation that cooling assistance is needed for a household member’s health (if there isn’t a household member over the age of 60).