Winter Crisis Program (WCP)
If your heating source is disconnected or threatened with disconnect HAPCAP may be able to help you make your monthly payments affordable with our Winter Crisis Program (WCP).
The Program provides assistance once per heating season to eligible households that are:
- Threatened with disconnection
- Have less than a 10-day supply of firewood or less than 25 percent supply of bulk fuel in their tank
Households must have a disconnect notice, or less than 10 day supply of main energy heating source. Households with a gross income at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines are eligible for the Winter Crisis Program.
You must provide:
- Proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, social security card, or voter registration card for all household members
- Proof of gross income for the past 30 days for all household members
- A copy of the current electric and gas bills
- Proof of Disability if applicable
- Disconnect notice if applicable
Winter Crisis Program funding is available from November 2 to March 31.
ATTENTION: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are ONLY taking phone appointments for the Winter Crisis Program. You MUST call (740) 868-1908 to make your appointment.
Benefit amounts vary depending on heating source. Eligibility is usually determined the SAME DAY the application is started.
To Schedule a Winter Crisis appointment please call (740) 868-1908.
HAPCAP Service Centers
Athens County Service Center
HAPCAP Main Office
3 Cardaras Drive
P.O. Box 220
Glouster, Ohio 45732
Hocking County Service Center
Regional Food Center
1005 C.I.C. Drive
Logan, Ohio 43138
Perry County Service Center
399 Lincoln Park
Drive, Suite B
New Lexington, Ohio 43764