Athens Public Transit
Athens Public Transit (APT) is seeking CDL drivers to join our team!
APT is a fixed-route public transportation system that connects Athens, The Plains, Chauncey, Nelsonville, and Albany. This fast-paced and diverse position is responsible for transporting the public to various destinations within the service area, whether for work, school, shopping, or entertainment.
We are looking for applicants who can work individually and as a team, possess excellent driving and communication skills, and work effectively with various individuals.
This position is based at our APT garage in Athens, Ohio. Buses operate Monday-Saturday with day, evening, and late-night shifts available.
Class A or B CDL $16.35/hr, $34,000/year
Class C CDL $15.35/hr, $32,000/year
HAPCAP offers its employees a wide range of benefits.
Both part-time and full-time positions include paid sick, vacation, and holiday leave.
Full-time position benefits include –
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO cost to the employee.
- HAPCAP also provides employees’ dependents access to medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits.
- Life insurance at NO cost to the employee.
- 401(k) enrollment after the first six months with an employer-match program.
- CDL drivers must have passenger endorsement. However, HAPCAP may be able to support applicants to get their passenger endorsement if they don’t already have it.
- Good driving record.
- Self-motivated, able to work well both independently and with others.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and report for duty on time; schedule-minded.
- Must be in good general health and able to pass a DOT-mandated physical.
- Must have normal vision and hearing with the aid of corrective devices if needed.
- Must submit to FTA-approved drug/alcohol testing. This is a zero-tolerance work site.
- Must pass a civilian background check and all DOT certifications and training.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
397 W State St
Athens, OH 45701
If you have questions, please call us at 740-592-2727
These positions will remain open until filled. HAPCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.