Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP)
Percentage of Income Payment Plus (PIPP) Plan is an extended payment arrangement that requires regulated gas and electric companies to accept payments based on a percentage of the household income.
To be eligible for the PIPP Plus program a customer must:
- Receive his or her primary or secondary heat source from a company regulated by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
- Have a total household income which is at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty level
- Apply for all energy assistance programs for which he or she is eligible
- Utility must be in the name of an adult household member
Graduate PIPP Plus
PIPP Plus customers who are either income ineligible or choose to leave PIPP Plus but still owe a balance on utility bill and are in good standing with their utilities may enroll in Graduate PIPP Plus through the utility. Customers have 12 months on Graduate PIPP Plus to retire their arrearage(s).
Electric utility customers will pay either:
- A transition amount of the average of the PIPP Plus amount and the budget amount
- The current bill
- The budget amount
Gas utility customers will pay the average of the PIPP Plus installment and the budget billing amount.
Apply for PIPP Plus
PIPP Plus applications may be mailed to the Ohio Department of Development (HEAP Application), however, it is strongly recommended that applications be processed at the local community action agency for immediate results.
Appointments and Walk-ins will be available for all locations.