Agencies on Aging/Disabilities
- The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging website contains trainings, educational materials, and resources designed to "help older persons and persons with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible."
- The Athens County Government website contains over 30 links to government agencies in Athens County, including the Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Children Services, and Job and Family Services. Discover which agencies have programs designed to meet your needs.
- The City of Athens website contains information on what developments are taking place in parks and recreation, city planning, engineering and public works, and other areas. The City's "Community Calendar" lets residents know when and where important public meetings are being held.
- The Nelsonville.net website contains links to local, county, and government agencies in addition to information on local schools, churches, businesses. This site is the place to visit to check on local road conditions, Ohio road conditions, the weather, and more.
- The Athens County 911 Emergency Communications website contains educational information for residents of Athens County about how to use 911 emergency services effectively. The website also includes forms for cell phone users and college students to file so they are easier to locate in an emergency situation.
- The Athens County Sheriff's Office provides "emergency services, public protection, criminal investigations and any other routine law enforcement services to the citizens of Athens County" in addition to prisoner transportation, property auctions and court paper services."
- The Ohio State Highway Patrol website contains information on how to schedule a driving test as well as how to obtain a copy of a crash report or your driving record. In addition the website connects you to the latest report on road conditions from ODOT and your local Highway Patrol Post.