HAPCAP Announces Emergency Relief Grant Program for City of Athens Residents
Hocking Athens Perry Community Action, on behalf of the City of Athens, will begin accepting applications on August 19 for the Emergency Relief Grant Program. This program is a rental and mortgage assistance program available to city residents who may be experiencing a housing crisis as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Assistance can provide up to $1,000 or one month (whichever is less) of emergency rent or mortgage assistance for households who are:
- struggling to pay their rent or mortgage due to loss of employment or other COVID-19 related impacts, and are a resident of the City of Athens
- provide documentation of job loss, reduced hours, layoff, or other hardship due to COVID-19
- have a documented past due rent or mortgage payment
“We look forward to partnering with the City of Athens to provide this assistance to its residents,” says Glen Crippen, HAPCAP’s Director of Housing & Community Development. “This program will provide major relief to some of the most impacted households in our community. The city’s administration has been instrumental in coordinating this effort and providing funding for this relief.”
Applying for the Grant Program does not guarantee assistance. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until November 30, 2020, or until all funds are exhausted. This assistance is not available to businesses and cannot be used for utility assistance.
Applications can be obtained by the following methods:
- Calling the housing office at 1 (866) 992-8858
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picking up an application at our housing office at 50 Saint Charles Street Nelsonville, Ohio 45764
- Printing off an application from our website: www.hapcap.org
Completed applications can be accepted by:
- scanning and emailing application document to us at: email@example.com,
- dropping off application hard copies and accompanying information at our drop box location at the HAPCAP Housing office in Nelsonville (50 St. Charles Street Nelsonville, Ohio 45764)
- photographs of application materials and supporting documentation may be acceptable so long as they are legible and complete and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- faxing completed applications to 740-753-2600, or
- mailing applications to HAPCAP, 50 St. Charles Street Nelsonville, Ohio 45764
All applications will be verified for accuracy by HAPCAP staff. No face to face appointments will be available due to the coronavirus pandemic. This assistance is made available by the City of Athens’ Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES), which was passed by Congress with overwhelming bipartisan support.