RENT, MORTGAGE, WATER, & SEWER RELIEF
Starting November 2, HAPCAP will be offering rent, mortgage, water, and/or sewer relief to households impacted by COVID-19. This service is available to income-eligible households in Hocking, Athens, and Perry Counties at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Funding will be available until December 30. Interested applicants are encouraged to reach out early. Funding is only available for expenses dating back to April 1, 2020.
The following documentation is required:
- Proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, social security card, or voter registration card for all household members
- Proof of gross income for the past 30 days for all household members
- Documentation of COVID-19 related hardship
For rental assistance (in addition to above)
- Eviction or past-due rent notice. Notice should include total amount due (including fees).
- If moving to a new location, justification for the move (currently homeless, living with others and no sufficient space, etc.)
- Landlord verification/proof of ownership and agreement to receive funds
- Lease agreement
For mortgage assistance (in addition to above)
- Notice of late mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance)
For water and/or sewer assistance (in addition to above)
- Copy of bill demonstrating the account has been shut off, is in disconnect status, or is past due.