Working in partnership with Athens County Job and Family Services, Perry County Job and Family Services and South Central Ohio Job & Family Services (SCOJFS), HAPCAP works to enable and empower area youth to achieve their educational and career goals in Athens, Perry and Hocking Counties. These programs include the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program (CCMEP) in Athens / Perry counties and Next Steps in Hocking County.
Each county operates their program a little differently but in general, the emplyment programs can help with the following services:
- Work experience opportunities including paid employment
- Setting education and employment goals
- Education and employment incentives
- Training and education opportunities
- Resume assistance
- Job search help
- Interview preparation
- Case management
- Developing and improving soft skills, such as professionalism and communication
- Life skills experiences, such as parenting groups, financial management and healthy eating
- Leadership development opportunities
- School dropout strategies
- Supportive Services including transportation, clothing and other assistance as needed
If you think CCMEP or Next Steps would be a good fit, then you will need to be determined eligible for the program. All participants must be between 14 and 24 years of age and need to meet eligibility requirements for either Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) funding.