Early Head Start is a federally funded home visitation program serving income-eligible pregnant women and children from birth to age three.
EHS believes the first few years are learning years for both you and your baby. We will work to guide your family in a healthy and well-informed direction.
You, as a parent, are the child’s first and most important teacher! Early Head Start supports the physical, social, emotional, mental, and language development of each child. In order to do this, parenting education and the support of a positive parent-child relationship are critical goals of the EHS program.
Our Early Head Start program is currently funded to serve 106 pregnant women and children. Our staff includes 9 highly qualified and enthusiastic Home Visitors, a Family Partnership Coordinator, and a Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
Though the EHS program you and your child will experience:
- Early education lessons inside your home
- Parent education and parent-child activities
- Complete health and mental health services, from pregnancy to the age of 3
We are dedicated to…
- Promoting healthy pregnancies and positive outcomes for pregnant women
- Enhancing the mental and physical development of very young children
- Encouraging a happy and supportive family structure
Contact our Child Development Division by calling (740) 767-4500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to apply online.