Regular Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) is designed to help eligible low-income Ohioans meet the high costs of home heating. In most cases, the one-time benefit will be a credit applied to your energy bill by your utility company (or fuel vendor). You do not need to have a disconnect notice to apply for regular HEAP. The total household income of an applicant must be at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
Exceptions to the Guidelines:
Families who live in federally subsidized housing where the heat is included in the rent are NOT eligible for HEAP.
How to apply for HEAP
You may apply online or at any of our three service centers. We accept walk-in appointments on a daily basis at each of our locations. The walk-in appointments are on a first-come, first-serve basis, however, we strongly encourage you to call 1-844-625-8777 to schedule an appointment. Helpful hint: your appointment is not set until you listen all the way through and receive a confirmation number. Please bring the confirmation number to your appointment.
ALL Applicants MUST bring:
- Proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, social security card, or voter registration card for all household members
- Proof of gross income for the past 30 days for all household members
- A copy of the current electric and gas bills
- Proof of Disability if applicable
- Disconnect notice if applicable