Free Summer Meals for Kids!
The Summer Rural Meals Program
This summer, the Southeast Ohio Foodbank will be participating in the Summer Rural Delivery Meals Program. Participating children who meet the income requirements and live within Athens, Gallia, Lawrence, Jackson, Meigs, Morgan, Perry, Vinton, and Washington Counties will be able to pick up free meals during the summer when school is not in regular session. The distribution sites will be located at South Elementary (Morgan), Trimble Middle-Elementary, and Nelsonville-York Elementary.
This program is made possible through the support of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.
Please note that the Southeast Ohio Foodbank has been awarded a limited number of boxes to distribute each week. Therefore, applications will be approved on a first come, first serve basis. Your child may have to be placed on a waiting list if all slots have been filled before their application is received.
Free Meals for Kids!
- Kids will receive 2 free breakfasts and 9 free lunches each week, for 10 weeks, to consume at home. Each food box will contain one 32 oz. shelf-stable milk. All food in the box is shelf-stable.
- Meals can be picked up by the child, parent/guardian, or another adult designated by the parent/guardian on the enrollment form (please leave a note on your enrollment form with the names of any other adults that have permission to pick up the box on your behalf).
- MORGAN: Meal pick-up will be every Tuesday from 10am-12pm starting on 6/7/2022 and ending on 8/9/2022
- NELSONVILLE-YORK: Meal pick-up will be every Wednesday from 10am-12pm starting on 6/8/2022 and ending on 8/10/2022
- TRIMBLE: Meal pick-up will be every Thursday from 10am-12pm starting on 6/9/2022 and ending on 8/11/2022
To enroll your child, please complete the application above and return it to:
Rose Frech, Southeast Ohio Foodbank Director