Ohioans who are at or below 80% of their county’s Area Median Income (AMI) and have fallen behind on rent, utility, or mortgage payments are encouraged to contact HAPCAP to submit an application for assistance. Funds are available for a limited time and applicants are encouraged to reach out early.
Rent assistance can provide 12 months of past due payments back to March 13, 2020, as well as 3 months’ advance rent. The landlord may apply on behalf of the tenant, and the tenant must acknowledge receipt of benefits.
Applicants for rental assistance and utility program must provide:
- Proof of citizenship for everyone in household (ss card, birth certificate, passport, voter’s registration)
- Proof of income for everyone over 18 for the last 90 days or for calendar year 2020 taxes (examples: Wages, SSA/SSI/SSDI, Self-employment, TANF, Unemployment, Utility Allowance, Retirement). The agency will only use 30 days past-income to determine eligibility.
- Any documentation of COVID hardship
- Lease, if applicable
- Eviction or past due notice, if applicable
- Landlord Verification (this will be provided at time of application.
- If homeless and or imminently homeless and moving to new location additional documentation may be required
If you are applying for utility assistance (water, trash, natural gas, electric, sewer), you must also provide:
- Most recent utility bill showing disconnect status, account has been shut off, or past due
Each county in our service area has a Community Resource Navigator who will be able to help guide you through the application process.