COVID-19-Related Housing Assistance
Hocking Athens Perry Community Action, on behalf of the Hocking and Perry County Commissioners will begin accepting applications for Emergency Housing Assistance (EHA) on May 20, 2020. Assistance for Hocking & Perry Counties can provide up to 3 months of emergency rent or mortgage assistance for households who are:
- experiencing reduced income directly related to the coronavirus and,
- have a documented past due rent or mortgage payment and,
- who also meet income eligibility requirements.
Athens City applicants are eligible for up to $1,000 in assistance or one month of assistance, whichever is less.
Applying does not guarantee assistance and will be available on a first come first serve basis. This assistance is not available to businesses and cannot be used for utility assistance.
All applications will be verified for accuracy by HAPCAP staff. No face-to-face appointments will be available to complete and submit applications due to the coronavirus pandemic.
County assistance is made available by the Perry County Community Housing Impact and Preservation (CHIP) program in which the City of Athens, City of Nelsonville, City of Logan, and Hocking County are partners. CHIP is a grant funded affordable housing program funded through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Ohio Housing Trust Fund (OHTF) programs. This assistance is available throughout these three counties and will be available until funds are depleted.
City assistance is made available by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) funding.
Completed applications will be received by HAPCAP by:
- scanning and emailing application document to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- dropping off application hard copies and accompanying information at the HAPCAP Housing office in Nelsonville
- photographs of application materials and supporting documentation may be acceptable so long as they are legible and complete and emailed to: email@example.com.