Hocking Athens Perry Community Action, on behalf of the Village of Chauncey will begin accepting applications on August 26th, 2020 for the Emergency Relief Grant Program. This program is a rental, mortgage, and utility assistance program available to village residents who may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Assistance can provide up to $1,000 or one month (whichever is less) of emergency rent, mortgage, or utility assistance for households who are:
- struggling to pay their rent, mortgage, or utilities due to loss of employment or other COVID-19 related impacts, and are a resident of the Village of Chauncey
- provide documentation of job loss, reduced hours, layoff, or other hardship due to COVID-19
- have a documented past due rent, mortgage, or utility payment
Applying for the Grant Program does not guarantee assistance. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until September 25th, 2020, or until all funds are exhausted. This assistance is not available to businesses.
“We are pleased to be able to utilize our CARES Act funds to help Chauncey residents persevere during these unpredictable times,” says Amy Renner, Mayor of Chauncey. “Our hope is to provide relief where it's needed most and to begin looking forward to recovery.“
For more information and to apply, please:
- Call Amanda Sawvel at (740) 767-4500
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be verified for accuracy by HAPCAP staff. No face to face appointments will be available due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This assistance is made available by the Village of Chauncey’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES), which was passed by Congress with overwhelming bipartisan support.
For more information on HAPCAP’s programs, visit www.hapcap.org.