Note to the public: HAPCAP also has an emergency housing relief program through a different pool of funding. You can check your eligibility by reading the information here. Please call (740) 767-4500 with questions.
Hocking Athens Perry Community Action, on behalf of Perry County Job & Family Services, will begin accepting applications on August 27 for the Emergency Housing Relief Grant Program. This program is a rental and mortgage assistance program available to county residents who may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Assistance can provide up to $1,000 or one month (whichever is less) of emergency rent or mortgage assistance for households who are:
- struggling to pay their rent or mortgage due to loss of employment or other COVID-19 related impacts, and are a resident of Perry County
- provide documentation of job loss, reduced hours, layoff, or other hardship due to COVID-19
- have a documented past due mortgage or rent payment
- must be Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Eligible (TANF)- at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines and have a child und the age of 19 in the household
Applying for the Grant Program does not guarantee assistance. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until September 25, 2020, or until all funds are exhausted. This assistance is not available to businesses or for utilities.
“We are excited at the opportunity to collaborate with HAPCAP on this program,” says Cheryl Boley, Director of Perry County’s Department of Job & Family Services. “Helping families remain in a safe and stable housing situation is essential during the COVID-19 crisis.”
For information and/or directions on how to apply please:
- Call 1.800.273.1513 or 740-342-4113 or
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Visit our Web page here
All applications will be verified for accuracy by HAPCAP staff. No face to face appointments will be available due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This assistance is made available in partnership with the Perry County Department of Job & Family Services.
For more information on HAPCAP’s programs, visit www.hapcap.org. Questions regarding the status of agency programs can be directed to Claire Gysegem, HAPCAP’s Public Relations Manager, at 740-767-4500 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.