On behalf of the City of Athens, we will begin accepting applications on October 8th, 2020 for the City of Athens Utility Assistance Emergency Relief Grant Program. This program is a utility assistance program available to village residents who may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Assistance can provide up to $1,000 of emergency utility assistance for households who are:
- struggling to pay their utilities due to loss of employment or other COVID-19 related impacts, and are a resident of the City of Athens
- provide documentation of job loss, reduced hours, layoff, or other hardship due to COVID-19
- have a documented past due utility payment
Applying for the Grant Program does not guarantee assistance. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are exhausted. This assistance is not available to businesses.
All applications will be verified for accuracy by HAPCAP staff. No face to face appointments will be available due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This assistance is made available by the City of Athens’ Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES)
Completed applications will be received by HAPCAP by:
- scanning and emailing application document to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- dropping off application hard copies and accompanying information at the HAPCAP Housing office in Nelsonville
- photographs of application materials and supporting documentation may be acceptable so long as they are legible and complete and emailed to: email@example.com.