Our Regional Food Center in Logan has an opening for the position of : Temporary/On-Call Driver/Laborer
Working for the Food Services department to cover during the extended leave of a staff member for 30-40 hours per week;
as well as creating a pool of on-call workers, as needed.
This position is expected to begin early to mid-February and last approximately 12 weeks.
This position is primarily responsible for the delivery of Meals On Wheels meals and related duties of the program.
This position also includes duties to assist with the kitchen operations and meal preparation; or other support duties of the program.
Pay rate is $8.60 per hour.
Temporary and on-call positions are not eligible for fringe benefits.
However, they are considered in-house for other employment opportunities within the agency.
This position is based in Logan, Ohio at the Regional Food Center.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the client roster for each daily route being driven.
- Responsible for ensuring that the meal-count being loaded onto the truck is accurate.
- Responsible for following proper procedures for monitoring meal temperatures while out on the route.
- Will follow the proper procedure in reporting client status when delivering the meal each day.
- Will prepare and report all daily roster information for data entry.
- Responsible for keeping vehicles clean inside and out and reporting any maintenance needs of vehicle to the Vehicle Maintenance Assistant immediately.
- When not driving on a route, will be scheduled to work as a laborer as assigned by supervisor.
- Will observe all local and state traffic laws.
- May perform other duties for the Regional Food Center as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must submit to initial drug test and random testing thereafter.
- Must pass a civilian background check.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with other drivers and program participants.
- Must be reliable, dependable with the ability to drive in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Must have empathy for the needs, limitations and problems of the elderly.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis.
Submit applications to:
1005 CIC Drive
Logan, Ohio 43138
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/PROVIDER OF SERVICES