Inside the Classroom
Our classrooms are filled with opportunities for creative learning through
play, exploration, experimentation and creation.
Your child will:
- Learn how to play and interact with others
- Learn how to share and listen
- Develop healthy hygiene habits
- Learn about nutritional food choices
- Develop good problem solving skills
- Use their learning skills and curiosity both inside and outside of the classroom
- Learn in a positive environment that creates positive attitudes and self-esteem
- Become better prepared for the transition to Kindergarten
- Develop a love for learning!
The morning session runs from 8:00am to 11:30am and children are provided breakfast and lunch.
The afternoon session runs from 12:30pm to 4:00pm and children are provided lunch and a snack.
All of the food provided to the children meets 1/3 of the child's daily nutritional needs. These hot, fresh, nutritious meals and snacks are prepared in HAPCAP’s Central Kitchen everyday and delivered to the Head Start centers daily.
Breakfast, lunch and snack time are a happy time of eating and conversation with other children and adults. Children learn independence by passing bowls of food around the table and serving themselves. Your child will brush his or her teeth with the group after breakfast in the a.m. session and after lunch in the p.m. session.